Chipotle Fundraiser • Tuesday, March 19
Make dinner a selfless act by joining us for a fundraiser to support Cal High Music Boosters!
• Where? Chipotle: 2421 San Ramon Valley Blvd
• When? Tueday, March 19 from 4pm to 8pm
• Bring in our flyer or show it on your phone and 33% of the proceeds will be donated to Cal High Music Boosters
Audition Information For 8th Graders
Come to the Cal High bandroom on Tuesday, March 19th from 3pm-5pm. Audition times will be on a first come first serve basis. Please sign in and rehearse in the band room upon arrival. If you cannot make this date then come on the Chamber Orchestra audition date, but please email Mr. Johnson first.
Jazz Auditions include the following:
For Trumpets, Trombones, Saxophones, Piano, Guitar, and Bass (5 of the following scales can be found in the Standard of Excellence Jazz Ensemble Method Book 1)
• F Major Scale
• C Minor scale
• C Mixolydian Scale
• F Mixolydian Scale
• G Dorian
• F Dorian
• C Dorian
• F Blues
• Bb Blues
• Students should prepare a 32 measure swing chart of their choice.
• Demonstrate all styles of jazz including the following: Swing, Latin (Clave 2-3 style), Rock, and ballad = 72-90bpm
• Prepare a 32 measure piece of your choice.
Chamber Orchestra Auditions
Come to the Cal High bandroom on Wednesday, March 20th from 3pm-5pm. Audition times will be on a first come first serve basis. Please sign in and rehearse in the band room upon arrival.
Chamber Orchestra Auditions include the following:
• 5 Major Scales
• 5 Natural Minor Scales
• 1 Octave Chromatic Scale
(Scales are of the students’ choice up to 3 flats and 3 sharps and do not need to be memorized)
• Prepare a 32 measure song of the students choice.
Please keep in mind that all incoming freshmen are highly encouraged to do Marching Band. Contact Mr. Johnson for more information or questions @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call the band room office at 925-803-3259
Like & Follow Us On Facebook!
Support Our Students